ATTENTION: If you are using an Eero home Wi-Fi mesh network and your Friendship Lamp is blinking blue after setup, please contact support for assistance.
If you are connecting in a shared or public Wi-Fi environment, see this article for help instead: Do I need my own router to use a Friendship Lamp?
If your Friendship Lamp is pulsing either blue or blue and green in your home Wi-Fi environment, that means that your lamp is able to connect to a known network, but is not able to get through to the internet for some reason. Here are some things you can try:
If you are using a bridge, try these first:
- Try rebooting your bridge. First, check to make sure the bridge Ethernet cable is securely clicked into place in both the bridge and your router/modem. Then unplug and replug the black power cord from your bridge. After about 5 minutes, your bridge should show a solid green light to show it's finished rebooting and you can try plugging in your Friendship Lamp or Frame.
- Try updating your bridge. You can learn more in our article Updating your bridge.
If you are not using a bridge, or if the suggestions above didn't solve the problem:
- Reset your router, your bridge (if you have one), and your Friendship Lamp. Physically unplug your router, your bridge (if you have one), and your lamp. Plug the router back in first and wait until it's back online. This can take several minutes. Then reconnect the bridge as shown in the Connecting with the Filimin Bridge (Quick Setup) directions. Once the bridge is finished rebooting and shows a solid green light, plug in your Friendship Lamp or Frame.
- If there are firewalls or security settings on your router, check to make sure they're not blocking the lamp. See Firewalls for more.
- If you are a Netgear customer and have the Netgear Mobile App, check to make sure your lamp hasn't been paused. Our lamps are listed as Espressif IoT on this app.
- If you are an Xfinity customer and have the Xfinity app, check to make sure your lamp hasn't been paused. Our lamps are listed as ESP_XXXXXX (Xs are the last 6 digits of your Filimin Device's ID number) on this app.
- Confirm that your 2.4 GHz home Wi-Fi network is working. Check by opening a webpage on another device that is connected to this network.
- If you are using your home's guest network, connect your Friendship Lamp to the main network instead.
Still having trouble? Please contact us and we will be happy to help!
Tags: blue, firewall, home, house, flashing, blinking, pulsing, won't_connect, not_working, won't_go_online