Not sure if you have a Filimin Bridge? This article can help.
UncommonGoods did a great video showing the process of setting up your Friendship Lamp with a Filimin Bridge. Watch the video here, or if you prefer to see the directions written out, please continue reading.
First, make sure you have handy your Filimin Friendship Lamp or Frame, Filimin Bridge, the bridge’s black power cord, the bridge’s Ethernet cord, and your functioning Wi-Fi router or modem.
- Securely connect the Ethernet cord to your bridge and to your router. It should click into place.
- Plug the black power cord into your bridge and into a power outlet.
- Your bridge will now begin to boot up. This will take a few minutes. When your bridge shows a steady green light, you are ready for the next step.
- Plug your Friendship Lamp into a power outlet nearby.
- The lamp will boot up and automatically connect to the bridge to indirectly access your Wi-Fi network. When it has successfully connected, your lamp will glow a bright celebratory rainbow and then go dark, ready to send and receive touches!
- At this point, if you would like to move your lamp to another location in your home, simply unplug your lamp and plug it back in at the desired location. Your lamp will repeat the last step and reconnect. Your bridge will need to stay plugged in for your Friendship Lamp to stay connected (unless you switch to our bridgeless setup).
If you bought your Friendship Lamp as a Set of Two, your Friendship Lamps are already grouped together and ready to communicate, no further customization required! If you bought your lamp as a Single, you can join another lamp's group (or create your own group and invite another lamp to join yours) by Registering Your Filimin. You can also register your lamp to gain access to customizable settings like Fade time, Sleep time, and Colors.
If you don't have access to a router or don't want to use your bridge, you can still connect your Friendship Lamp with our bridgeless setup. Be sure to unplug the bridge completely from the router and the electrical outlet and set them aside before continuing with this setup method.
Still having trouble? Please contact us and we will be happy to help!
Tags: bridge, OSS, One-step-setup, Setup, black box, using a filimin bridge