If your Friendship Lamp came with a bridge, please DO NOT use this article for troubleshooting. If you need to erase all Wi-Fi settings from your lamp, you can do so by unplugging your lamp and plugging it back in 5 times in quick succession. If this doesn't solve the issue you're experiencing, please contact support.
If your Friendship Lamp did not originally come with a bridge, but you are now trying to use a bridge to set up and you're having trouble, the troubleshooting suggestions below may help. Contacting support first is highly recommended, however.
To connect a Friendship Lamp with firmware earlier than 1.5.x to a Filimin Bridge, the lamp must have no Wi-Fi settings saved. This means if you have never tried to set your lamp up before, then you should be good to go! Just follow our normal Bridge Setup Instructions. The lamp may then cycle between green and orange pulsing several times over up to 15 minutes before it connects with a celebratory rainbow and goes dark. If for some reason your lamp still fails to connect, contact us.
If you have tried to set up your Friendship Lamp before, there's probably Wi-Fi settings in it you need to be erased before it will connect to the Filimin bridge. Here is a short video guide on how to do that, with typed instructions below as well. Please see the written instructions below for a link to our Legacy Setup website, as the link shown in the video no longer works.
- Navigate to http://filimin.space/setupFiliminLegacy/ A dialogue box will appear with an overview of the setup. Click "OK" in the bottom right.
- Connect your Device to your Friendship Lamp's Wi-Fi. The page is looking for your device to connect to a Filimin Wi-Fi signal. This signal will be named "Filimin_XXXXXXXXXXXX" (The X's being your Lamp's ID, listed on the bottom). Find this Wi-Fi in your settings and connect using the password "I love you" (capital "I", spaces as shown, no quotes.)
- Once you are connected, the page will refresh on its own and your lamp will start pulsing violet. This may take a minute or so. Once the page refreshes, you should see "Setup Wi-Fi", and the option to input your Wi-Fi information.
- Click on the drop down box labeled "Wi-Fi name (SSID)". Do not select your Wi-Fi name, even if it appears in the drop down. Instead, please select "Wi-Fi name not listed."
- Click in the text box that says "Wi-Fi name (SSID)". Here, please press the spacebar, then the backspace key. This will leave this box blank, with nothing typed in the field.
- In the middle of the screen, you should see a few tabs. The current one is labeled "Wi-Fi". Beside it, you should see one labeled "Save". Click on this and go to this tab.
- You'll see a big blue button that says "Save". Click it to save the Wi-Fi settings of your lamp. Congrats! You've now wiped the Wi-Fi settings for your Friendship Lamp and can now connect using your Filimin Bridge.