- Unplug and replug your Friendship Lamp into the power outlet. Make sure you set the lamp down before you plug it in, as the touch calibration is calculated for the environment when initially plugged in.
- Make sure you aren't touching the lamp at all until it has fully started (after the celebratory rainbow) and the lamp's power cord is not touching the lampshade.
- Make sure you are using the whole palm of your hand to touch your lamp after it boots up. The touch sensors are located under the black trim along the top and sides of the shade, so simply tapping the white part may not be enough for it to detect.
- Try another location to see if there is something in the current location throwing it off. Sometimes smart devices or metal surfaces can cause signal interference. You can even try moving your lamp to a different room.
- If it still doesn't work, leave it on and try it again in 5-10 minutes. If the initial calibration is off for some reason, it will gradually correct.
If you have tried all of these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing trouble, please contact us. Be sure to include your Device ID (located below the barcode) and please attach a video of your Friendship Lamp misbehaving. This will better help us diagnose the problem.