Trying to set up your Friendship Lamp to Wi-Fi? In most cases, it's easiest to connect your Friendship Lamp using our Filimin Bridge. Not sure what a bridge is or how it works? If your Friendship Lamp was purchased in 2018 or earlier, your lamp might not have originally come with one. Please see What is a Filimin Bridge and why would I need it? for more information.
If you're trying to connect your Friendship Lamp without using a Filimin Bridge, you're in the right place! Before trying to connect your Friendship Lamp or Friendship Frame using Direct to Wi-Fi Setup, please make sure your bridge (if you have one) is completely unplugged so your lamp doesn't get confused.
Sections in this article:
1. Start with your Friendship Lamp or Frame unplugged. On a wireless device (such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet) go to manager.filimin.com and click "Create an account".
2. Fill in your name, email address, and choose a password for your account. You’ll need this password when you log in next time. Click “Register” to create your account. Continue to step 3 in the instructions for returning users (the setup is the same for both new and returning users after that).
1. Start with your Friendship Lamp or Frame unplugged. On a wireless device (such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet) go to manager.filimin.com and log into your account using your email and password.
2. Locate the blue sidebar (on mobile, tap the three lines in the top right corner to make this appear) and click "Setup Wi-Fi & Register".
3. Plug in your Friendship Lamp or Frame close to your wireless setup device. It should start blinking lime green to show it's ready to connect.
4. Locate your Filimin Device ID. On lamps, your ID is on the bottom of the lamp, below the barcode. On Frames, the ID is on a sticker on the back. Enter the Device ID and give your device a nickname. Then click "Next".
5. You should receive the message "It looks like your Filimin Device is not online yet." If you're using a Windows device, you may be given the option to "Choose Your Connection Method". For instructions on the Automatic Setup, see the lower section in this article. For instructions on Manual Online Setup or setup on non-Windows devices, continue to the next step.
6. Without closing your current browser tab, open your device's Wi-Fi settings. If you're using a smartphone or other device with mobile/cellular data, make sure your data is turned off at this point. In your Wi-Fi settings, you should see a network labeled "Filimin_" followed by your ID number. Connect to this network using the password "I love you" (all lowercase except for the first letter, one space between each word). If you receive any error messages saying "Internet is not available" through the Filimin network, it's okay to ignore them and continue to the next step.
7. Switch back to the browser tab for the online setup. The screen should change to step 2. "Setup Wi-Fi" and your Friendship Lamp or Frame should begin blinking purple to show that it's being configured.
Select the name of your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network from the list, then type in the password for that network below. Double-check to make sure you've typed the password with the correct capitalization, spelling, spacing, and any special characters, then click "Save Settings". Your Friendship Lamp or Frame should go back to blinking lime green.
8. Without closing your current browser tab, re-open your device's Wi-Fi settings and reconnect your device to your regular network. Smartphone users can turn their mobile/cellular data back on now.
9. One more time, switch back to the browser tab for the online setup. If the setup was successful, you'll be asked to continue tapping your Friendship Lamp or Frame, which should turn a solid color in response each time. If the setup was unsuccessful, your Filimin Device may just be taking a bit longer to connect. Wait until your Filimin Device stops blinking, then click "Retry". If your Friendship Lamp or Frame does not stop blinking after 5 minutes, our article Color Status Codes: What your Friendship Lamp is thinking can help you figure out what's going wrong.
10. Once your lamp is online and responding to touch, you'll be taken to your account dashboard, where you can see the status of all the devices in your group and edit group settings, colors, nicknames, Fade Times, and Sleep Times. You can change these settings at any time by logging back into your account. If you need to move your Friendship Lamp or Frame around your home, it will automatically reconnect to your Wi-Fi and remember all its settings once it's plugged back in.
Congrats, you're all set! Time to start sharing colors with the ones you love!
You can select this setup method instead of Manual Online Setup when given the option to "Choose Your Connection Method" in step 5 of the instructions above. Instead of manually selecting a Wi-Fi network and typing in your password, the Automatic Setup copies your Wi-Fi name and password directly from your Windows device and saves them to any Filimin Device plugged in close by. This setup is faster than the Manual Online Setup and is highly recommended if you're not sure what your Wi-Fi password is.
The Automatic Setup wizard requires administrative permission to run. If you do not have administrative rights on your Windows computer, you can download our Legacy Automatic Setup instead. This version is less robust than our modern application but does not require administrative access. Right-click this link and select "Open link in new tab" to download the Legacy Automatic Setup wizard.
NOTE: If your Wi-Fi network uses Smart Connect (a feature that groups your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands under the same SSID, then automatically chooses the optimal band for your device), the Automatic Setup may not work for you.
1. Once you've reached step 5 of the instructions above, click on "Automatic Setup". A file called "autoConfig.exe" will be downloaded to your computer, and this box will appear on the website. Do not click "I completed the setup" yet.
2. Open and run the downloaded file "autoConfig.exe" and give the application permission to make changes to your computer. A new window will appear with the title "Friendship Lamp Automatic Setup". Before clicking "OK", make sure your computer is connected to a 2.4 GHz network and not 5G.
3. The Automatic Setup will then try to configure your Friendship Lamp. If the configuration succeeds, close this window, then click "I completed the setup" back on the manager webpage. The rest of the setup will be identical to steps 9 and 10 in the "Returning users" setup instructions above. If the configuration fails, you'll be given an error message with details about what went wrong. If you continue getting errors from the Automatic Setup, we recommend trying the Manual Online Setup instead, or contact us for troubleshooting help.
Tags: setup, Mac, Windows, Mobile, Automatic, Wi-Fi_setup, Wi-Fi, cell, advanced, connect, reconnect, offline, online, direct, bridgeless, download, downloadable, configure