Trying to set up your Friendship Lamp to Wi-Fi? In most cases, it's easiest to connect your Friendship Lamp using our Filimin Connect App. If you don't have access to a smartphone or tablet, or if you can't download the app, this article can help you get connected using your web browser on any wireless device.
If your Friendship Lamp came with a bridge, you also have the option of using your bridge to connect your Friendship Lamp. For instructions for bridge setup, see our Bridge Setup Guide. If you are choosing not to use your bridge, please make sure your bridge is completely unplugged before trying to connect your Friendship Lamp using the Filimin Connect App or the Advanced Setup.
1. Create your Filimin account.
On a wireless device (such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet) go to manager.filimin.com and click "Sign up". Your Friendship Lamp does not need to be plugged in for this part of the process.
If you have an existing account, skip to the "Let's Start" section below.
2. Fill in your name, and email address, and choose a password for your account. Remember to save this information because you’ll need this password when you log in next time. Click “Register” to create your account.
The setup is the same for both new and returning users from here.
1. Start with your Friendship Lamp unplugged. On a wireless device (such as a laptop, smartphone, or tablet) go to manager.filimin.com and log into your account using your email and password.
2. Locate the blue sidebar (on mobile, tap the three lines in the top right corner to make this appear) and then click "Add Device".
3. Plug in your Friendship Lamp close to your wireless setup device. It should start blinking lime green to show it's ready to connect to Wifi.
4. Locate your Friendship Lamp/Filimin Device ID. On Lamps, your ID is on the bottom of the lamp, below the barcode. On Frames, the ID is on a sticker on the back. Enter the Device ID and give your device a nickname. Then click "Next".
5. The next page will provide more information about our new app. To continue with the Advanced Setup, click the link at the bottom of the page. This should take to you to a screen that says, "1. Connect to your Friendship Lamp".
6. Without closing the current browser tab, open your device's Wi-Fi settings. If you're using a smartphone or other device with mobile/cellular data, make sure your data is turned off at this point.
In your Wi-Fi settings, you should see a network labeled "Filimin_xxxxxxx" that contains your ID number. Connect to this network using the password "I love you" (all lowercase except for the first letter "I", with one space between each word).
If you receive any error messages saying "Internet is not available" through the Filimin network, it's okay! This is because you are connected directly to your Friendship Lamp, which at this time, has no internet access. Select "OK" and continue to the next step.
7. Switch back to the browser tab for the online setup. The screen should change to step "2. Setup Wi-Fi" and your Friendship Lamp should begin blinking purple to show that it's ready to save your home Wi-Fi information.
Select the name of your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network from the list, then type in the password for that network below. Double-check to make sure you've typed the password with the correct capitalization, spelling, spacing, and any special characters, then click "Save Settings". Your Friendship Lamp should go back to blinking lime green, then pause on red, then teal, then should scroll through a celebratory rainbow and go dark.
8. Without closing your current browser tab, re-open your device's Wi-Fi settings and reconnect your device to your regular network Wi-Fi. Smartphone users can turn their mobile/cellular data back on now.
9. One more time, switch back to the browser tab for the online setup. If the setup was successful, you'll be asked to "Continue tapping your Friendship Lamp or Frame", which should turn a solid color each time you touch it.
If the setup was unsuccessful, you'll get an error "Your Filimin Device may be taking a bit longer to connect". Wait until your Filimin Device stops blinking, then click "Retry". If your Friendship Lamp or Frame does not stop blinking after 5 minutes, our article Color Status Codes: What your Friendship Lamp is thinking can help you figure out what's going wrong.
10. Once your lamp is online and responding to touch, you'll be taken to your account dashboard, where you can see the status of all the lamps in your group and edit group settings, colors, nicknames, Fade Times, and Sleep Times. You can change these settings at any time by logging into your account. If you need to move your Friendship Lamp around your home, it will automatically reconnect to your Wi-Fi and remember all its settings once it's plugged back in.
Congrats, you're all set! Time to start sharing colors with the ones you love!
Tags: setup, Mac, Windows, Mobile, Wi-Fi_setup, Wi-Fi, cell, advanced, connect, reconnect, offline, online, direct, bridgeless, download, downloadable, configure