Are there times when your Friendship Lamp stops responding to touch, turns off before its set Fade time is completed, or begins blinking for no apparent reason? Your Friendship Lamp may frequently lose connection to Wi-Fi and go offline.
Normally when your Friendship Lamp loses connection, it will automatically try to reconnect on its own. However, if your lamp is frequently disconnecting, it may have trouble getting back online due to weak Wi-Fi signal strength. Here are a few suggestions to prevent your lamp from frequently disconnecting:
- Move your Friendship Lamp closer to your Wi-Fi router (or Filimin Bridge, if you're using one).
- Position your Friendship Lamp so there are fewer physical barriers between the lamp and your router (or Filimin Bridge, if you're using one).
- Some smart streaming devices, such as Roku, Google Chromecast, and other Smart TVs are known to cause interference that can make your Friendship Lamp frequently disconnect from Wi-Fi. Try disconnecting your streaming device for a while and see if your Friendship Lamp's behavior improves. If it does, reconnect your streaming device and watch to see if your Friendship Lamp starts misbehaving again. If the lamp's connectivity issues return when your streaming device is back online, try moving the lamp away from the device, or if possible, connect your streaming device to wired internet or a different Wi-Fi network than the network the lamp uses.
- If you're using a bridge, try switching to our Direct to Wi-Fi/Advanced Setup (no bridge). This can help boost the signal to your lamp and reduce interference from multiple networks.
- Networking technology changes quickly. It might be time to update your Friendship Lamp so it can keep up! See Updating Your Friendship Lamp for more information.
- Make sure your Friendship Lamp, Filimin Bridge (if you're using one), and router all have consistent power. If the outlet you're using is unreliable, try plugging these devices into a surge protector or a more reliable outlet. Check the power cords on your devices for any damage.
- An unstable internet connection through your router/modem can also cause your lamp to disconnect frequently. If you're experiencing this issue, you may also notice connectivity issues with your other Wi-Fi-dependent devices. This is something to address with your internet service provider. If your home network is unusable, you can still connect your Friendship Lamp to a mobile hotspot.
Still frequently disconnecting? Our support team can help! Please contact us for troubleshooting assistance.
Tags: offline, flashing, connection, Chromecast, wont turn on, Roku, smart devices, turning off, shutting off, going dark, blinking, pulsing, doesn't won't respond to touch, won't light up, TV, kicking, disconnect, connection, rebooting, smart_device